- Robotic surgery technology offers many benefits, like more precision, minimal downtime, and a more comfortable recovery process.
- Mako SmartRobotics™ is a technology used to improve the outcomes of joint replacement surgery with advanced imaging of the joint and more control during the surgical process.
- The CORI Surgical System is an advanced robotic platform that supports more precise and accurate bone resection and alignment for joint replacement procedures, minimizes recovery times, and improves overall outcomes.
- Choosing the right provider with experience and proven success in robotic technology will ensure confidence in a successful procedure.
Joint replacement surgery is highly complex, and this causes many people to be hesitant about undergoing surgery. However, advancements in technology have allowed joint replacement surgery to be smoother and less stressful for patients and providers alike, promoting faster recovery times and better outcomes.
Whether you are experiencing hip or knee joint pain, technology allows for smaller incision points and improved precision. Still, only a handful of providers use robotic technology in joint replacement surgery. Choosing a provider with experience in robotic technology will provide you with improved confidence in your procedure.
At The Joint Replacement Center of Scottsdale, we take advantage of the power of advanced robotic surgery technology to provide our patients with the best possible outcomes, using Mako SmartRobotics™ and the CORI Surgical System. This guide will highlight these two pieces of helpful technology and how they are reshaping the effectiveness of robotic surgery.
Mako SmartRobotics™ is an advanced, innovative technology used for total hip, total knee, and partial knee replacement surgeries. The technology incorporates AccuStop haptic technology, 3D CT-based imaging, and data analytics—all of which work together to create a minimally invasive yet highly effective surgical procedure.
Utilizing robotic technology, the system gathers imaging before the surgery that allows for the creation of a 3D model of the patient’s unique anatomy. This model gives a clear and simple roadmap for your provider to follow during surgery, ensuring smooth placement of the new joint.
During the procedure, known as a MAKOplasty, the technology uses a robotic arm guided by a surgeon experienced in robotic surgery. This system, using AccuStop haptic technology, gives your provider more control, a better image of the operating area, and a greater range of motion during the procedure. Altogether, this ensures precise implant placement that aligns with the surgical plan.
Benefits of Mako SmartRobotics
The advanced technology behind Mako SmartRobotics offers many advantages to both surgeons and patients. Between its advanced imaging and accurate robotic arm, the technology makes the process easier for your surgeon and offers better outcomes for patients.
Some of the benefits of Mako SmartRobotics include:
- Minimally invasive – The precision and accuracy of robotic technology allow your surgeon to remove only the bone and cartilage necessary for replacement, preventing them from removing too much tissue or bone.
- Smaller incision point – Mako technology only needs a small incision to access and properly replace the joint, which allows for less blood loss and less tissue damage.
- Better appearance – A smaller incision means less noticeable scarring and an all-around better appearance of the surgically repaired area around the joint.
- Greater implant accuracy – The precision of SmartRobotics technology allows for greater accuracy and more successful outcomes, reducing the risk of complications.
- Quicker recovery – The smaller incision and the enhanced precision of Mako SmartRobotics promote less tissue damage and immediate joint function, which means faster healing and a quicker return to daily activities.
- Less time in the hospital – Thanks to the advanced nature of this outpatient procedure, patients are usually walking within an hour of surgery and are able to return home shortly after.
- Greater implant reliability – Ensures proper placement and installation of the implant, allowing for more long-term reliability and functionality of the replacement joint.
Transform Your Life for the Better
At The Joint Replacement Center of Scottsdale, we are experts in robotic surgery, using the latest technology and compassionate care to provide an exceptional level of joint care.
CORI Surgical System
The CORI Surgical System uses robotic technology for image-free smart mapping, patient-specific planning, and robotic-assisted bone preparation. The system simplifies both the surgical process and the preparation, developing a clear plan for surgery and allowing your surgeon to make complex surgical maneuvers with ease.
This system gathers data about the anatomic structure and alignment of the joint to promote a simpler procedure. This data allows providers to build a 3D model of a joint for surgery and doesn’t require any CT or MRI scanning. This model improves the planning process and provides your surgeon with precise measurements during surgery.
During the procedure, your surgeon will work with the CORI system to remove damaged knee tissue and insert an implant that mimics the natural shape of your joint.
CORI technology can provide assistance with the following procedures:
- Partial knee replacement surgery
- Full knee replacement surgery
- Hip X-rays
- Digital measurement
Benefits of CORI Technology
CORI technology serves several purposes to guide providers throughout the surgical procedure, offering multiple advantages. Compared to traditional surgery, the use of CORI technology simplifies the process for surgeons and supports patients with improved outcomes.
Some of the benefits of CORI technology include:
- Eliminating the need for large incisions, promoting less blood loss and a faster recovery
- Preventing patients from having metal rods placed in their legs
- Eliminating the need for exposure to radiation from CT Scans
- Planning patient procedures based on their unique anatomy and providing precise mapping
- Ensuring greater accuracy in the alignment and positioning of the implant
Experience a Faster Recovery with Advanced Robotic Technology
Advancements in robotic surgery are improving joint replacement surgery outcomes for patients in need of total hip, total knee, or partial knee replacement procedures. Both Mako SmartRobotics and the CORI Surgical System provide enhanced precision, improved mobility, and an overall better quality of life.
At The Joint Replacement Center of Scottsdale, we combine the power of advanced robotic surgery technology with our compassionate level of care to maximize the benefits of joint replacement and provide the best possible outcome for each and every patient.
With over 16,000 successful procedures behind us, we have the expertise to provide you with confidence in a smooth recovery so you can return to your lifestyle. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and see if you are a candidate for robotic joint replacement surgery.